Silver diamine fluoride
If your child has dental caries, pediatric dentist Dr. Castillo at COCO children’s oral care might suggest the silver diamine fluoride treatment for them. It is a safe and effective chemical compound that helps to prevent cavity spread. The solution kills infection-causing bacteria, and its fluoride remineralizes your teeth. Silver diamine fluoride is approved by the FDA, which means it has no side effects on your children’s health.
Silver diamine fluoride or SDF is recommended to treat a wide range of dental conditions, like:
Where is silver diamine fluoride used?
- It helps in reducing the sensitivity of teeth.
- It kills cavity-causing bacteria and also prevents it from spreading inside your mouth.
- Silver diamine fluoride is highly recommended for children who have tooth decay but cannot undergo dental fillings due to any reason.
- It is one of the easiest, quickest, and safest ways of treating cavities.
- The procedure can be completed in a single visit and does not require follow-up visits.
- It is a non-invasive procedure.
Who is a candidate for this treatment?
Children suffering from cavities or having carious lesions are the candidates for SDF. It is a great solution, especially if they cannot undergo dental fillings treatment due to health or behavioral issues. The treatment does not include the use of equipment that might scare your children. It is easy, effective, and one of the best ways of getting rid of cavities. To know if your child needs silver diamine fluoride treatment, please consult pediatric dentist Dr. Castillotoday.
Getting silver diamine fluoride in Nashville, TN
SDF is one of the best ways of treating cavities or carious liaisons, especially for children who get anxious during their visit to the dentist. If your child is suffering from cavities, contact Dr. Castillo at COCO children’s oral care to get it treated. He will thoroughly check the conditions of your child’s teeth and decide the best treatment solution for them. To learn more about SDF or book an appointment, kindly call us at (615) 470-5557.