Premature primary teeth loss can lead to a common dental issue, which is space loss, among children. Space Maintainers is an effective device that helps you get rid of this issue. It is comfortable-to-wear dental equipment that supports and maintains your child’s overall oral health. At COCO children’s oral care dental office, we customize space maintainers for your child, which will give effective results in a comfortable way. They are mostly made of acrylic materials or metal, and they help maintain the space left by your natural teeth. The equipment helps your child’s adult teeth to erupt in position and prevents the neighboring teeth from shifting. It helps maintain permanent teeth alignment and reduces the prospects of future orthodontic treatments.
Benefits of getting space maintainers
- It prevents the neighboring teeth from shifting out of position.
- It encourages proper adult teeth eruption.
- It saves time and money by minimizing the need for future orthodontic treatments.
- It is a painless procedure.
- It helps to preserve your child’s smile.
What are types of space maintainers?
There are two types of space maintainers, namely:
- Removable- these are made of acrylic material, and they look like artificial teeth.
- Fixed- depending on the location of the fallen tooth, your child’s pediatric dentist might suggest this space maintainer, which will remain fixed in its position.
Who are the candidates for space maintainers?
Children who have lost their primary teeth early are the candidates for space maintainers. If your child has lost their primary teeth prematurely for any reason, contact our experienced pediatric dentist Dr. Castillo, and he will tell you what to do next.
Getting space maintainers in Nashville, TN
Space maintainers are a safe and effective treatment that offers a lot of help in the long run. It potentially minimizes the need for future orthodontic treatment. It is comfortable, durable, and helps your child have a great smile. To learn more about space maintainers or book an appointment, please call us at (615) 470-5557.