Many people are phobic toward dental procedures because of the pain and discomfort associated with the process. If you are someone afraid of going to the dentist, then sedation dentistry can comfort you. It will remove the procedure’s pain and anxiety, making you and your child feel relaxed and comfortable. Sedation dentistry can be used in various procedures, from simple cleanings to the most invasive ones. It can also be used on children to make them remain calm and relaxed. If you are worried or anxious about dental treatment for your child, talk to our dentist Dr. Castillo about sedation. We offer different types of sedation dentistry, looking after your child’s comfort.
What are the different types of sedation dentistry options?
- Inhalation sedation is minimal sedation dentistry wherein your child will breathe nitrous oxide combined with oxygen. Your dentist will control the amount of sedation they inhale, and its effect will wear out quickly.
- Oral sedation can give minimal to moderate effects depending on your child’s intake dose.
- For IV moderate sedation, your child will receive the sedation in your veins through injections; hence, it works very quickly.
General anesthesia wherein you will get fully unconscious during the procedure, is known as deep sedation. The effects of deep sedation take some time to wear off.
Who needs sedation dentistry?
Children getting anxious about any dental procedure, sedation dentistry can help to relax them. This treatment is also excellent for people having:
- Low pain threshold.
- Sensitive teeth.
- Bad gag reflex.
- A lot of dental issues involve complicated procedures.
- It is also suitable for children who cannot sit still on a chair during dental treatments.
COCO children’s oral care office is a renowned dentist clinic in Nashville, TN, that offers effective treatments at affordable rates. If you, too, want sedation during your child’s dental procedures, talk to our experts at (615) 470-5557 without hesitation.